Marine Education Seminars
Our team has developed a marine education programme made up of a series of workshops. Each workshop stands alone. However, together they also provide an in-depth knowledge of coral reefs and the challenges they’re facing from both a scientific and anthropological viewpoint. By participating in our workshops, students gain a vital insight into global coral reefs but also the Red Sea specifically.
In order to provide you with the best possible knowledge, the workshops have been designed by our educational team who specialise in marine biology and human geography.
Our workshops focus on 5 key divisions of the coral reef; fish, invertebrates,
algae, coral, and coral threats. Within each division we have focused on key
families or topics and created 26 workshops for you to enjoy. Our workshops are
open to everyone from tourists and businesses to families and friends. Decide
on a workshop topic you would like to learn more about, and get in contact to
book a date and time for your private workshop.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE
- Enjoy exclusive access to experts.
- Learn to look at the reef from a scientific perspective. Our topics cover key species Project Azraq monitors to evaluate reef health.
- All knowledge is Red Sea specific, highlighting species endemic to the region.
– Cleaner Wrasse
– Sea Cucumbers
– Sea Urchins
– Brain and Dome Corals
– Branching Corals
– Finger Corals
– Soft Corals
– Mushroom Corals
– Coral Band Disease
– Coral Predation
– Coral Spot Disease
– Growth Anomalies on Corals
– Overfishing (includes illegal fishing)
Workshops are 250 EGP per participant per workshop
- Minimum capacity: 2 participants or 500EGP is required in order to run a workshop.
- Groups: groups over 5 people pay 200 EGP per person
- Maximum Capacity: 10 people per workshop
DURATION: 1-1.5 hours
- Q and A
- E-certificate of attendance
- English Speaking
- Minimum 12 years old